How Series Mode Filters Work
How a Zero Surge PQ filter works.
- Strong, fast surge current (1) comes from wall receptacle into Zero Surge unit.
- The inductor (2) inside our unit acts as a grid, slowing down and decreasing the surge current.
- The smaller, slower surge is then sent to a capacitor (3) which acts as a garbage can.
- When first capacitor (3) is filled with surge current, any residual current is directed to 2 additional capacitors (4). This restricts the duration of the surge.
- The current is then slowly released to the neutral wire (5), avoiding any ground wire contamination.